Thursday 25 July 2019

8. The Pipe Dream

While concentrating on my little 09 project at the moment I've previously mentioned my planned 009 large layout based on the Boston area . I just thought I'd show you the provisional track plan. I hope it is readable.



This was found in a forum on one of the model railway sites, I forget which one, and is for a double-decker layout, though it could be used as two singles. It is ideal for my purposes, as it goes from one quayside (Boston) to a cassette which is moved to the next section ending in another quayside (Freiston).

A large layout in all, and one I'm unlikely to complete in its entirety. However, if I get the first bit done I'll be (reasonably) happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joppy- an interesting plan- lots of switching there with sidings and run-arounds...and a good amount of scenery to model. I'm a bit confused to the scale of the engine and track? Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, scale is 4mm to 1foot (normal 00 scale) but track is 9mm gauge (normal N gauge) supposed to be a 2ft6in narrow gauge railway in reality. This means I get to use N gauge loco and wagon chassis to build 4mm scale models, and to use all the normal 00 paraphernalia that's around (buildings, figures, accessories etc.). While my 09 model is to 7mm to a foot on 9mm track giving a 15inch track gauge . It should all become clear over time.

      Delete
  2. Really interesting track plan. I went to the Cupar model railway show the other weekend and was really inspired by the 009 railway l saw. There was a cliff ,harbour and loads of detail. Sometimes l think l like the scenery more than the trains.

    ReplyDelete